The Broadcaster

The Student News Site of Yorktown High School

The Broadcaster

The Broadcaster

JV Baseball 4/6
JV Baseball 4/6
April 12, 2024
Support Us

Varsity Volleyball Falls to Bellmont and Addi Applegate Reaches 1,000 Career Digs

On Saturday, August 19th, Addi Applegate hit 1000 career digs in the tournament against Bellmont High School. Addi mentions how proud she was of this moment because it was one of her goals she had for a while. She says she worked very hard to achieve this milestone.  She also stated that she will continue to lead and encourage her teammates and they will win their championship on Saturday, November 4th at Hamilton. Varsity coach Ms.Bloom mentions that Addi is an exceptional defensive player. She is a highly competitive player and rises when the pressure is on.  She says it always makes her proud when her players achieve at a really high level. But it’s most rewarding for her to watch them grow as young women in their leadership and character. Her goal for Addi is just to continue to grow in her voice, continue to take ownership of the backcourt, and work to play with the intensity she’s capable of day in and day out.