Student Council

Student council is a group of student leaders working with Mr. Davis to help share ideas and concerns with the school. They help set up dances, games, and pep sessions. Emma Day, the student council president, said they just finished the biggest event of the year, homecoming! They have a lot of other fun and exciting things planned for the year. The upcoming events include the annual fall community giving and Sadie’s dance. 

Being on student council gets students involved in the decision-making for their school. Peyton Wormer, the sophomore class president, said, “The most important part of being in student council is to not be scared of bringing ideas forward. In student council, there are presidents and vice presidents, but some of the greatest ideas come from student council members and representatives.” 

Student council also brings challenges upon the members. Peyton said, “The most challenging part of student council is breaking out of one’s shell.” Being a student council member means you have to be able to problem-solve and come up with fixes to get around bumps in the road. Carter Day, the Freshmen class president says the most challenging event is homecoming. While it is full of fun, behind the scenes of planning and setting up is quite difficult. 

What about new members? Is student council right for you? Emma says, “I think that anyone with a desire to get involved with what their school accomplishes every year should join. Our members are some of the best leaders in our school. Student Council offers students some of the greatest leadership opportunities and problem-solving skills. I hope to see you there!”